True artisan bread can be made only by hand. In this six-week course, students will learn how to make everything from baguettes to pizza dough to English muffins. What’s more, all of the bread mixes created in this course will be made by hand. No mixers. No bread machines. Just you and a 450-degree oven. Every class is guaranteed to be a workout. So, do you think you’re tough enough?
WINTER 2020: Wednesdays - 1/8, 1/15, 1/22, 1/29, 2/5, and 2/12
SPRING 2020: Wednesdays - 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, and 5/27
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Tuition: $415.00 per person
What to Expect:
- Classes are typically 2 1/2 hours long (unless otherwise noted)
- Bread Boot Camp Classes are limited to 10 students per series
- Participants typically work in teams to execute recipes; however, individual skills will be taught.
- You will be standing and cooking for most of the class.
- We ask that all participants wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as the kitchen floors can be slippery. Any type of heels should not be worn.
- Long pants are also suggested to protect the skin from possible burns.
- Long hair should be tied back and secure.
What do I bring to class?
This class requires each attendee to bring the following items:
2-4” Paring Knife, Mixing Spoon, Measuring Cup Set, Measuring Spoon Set, Vegetable Peeler, Whisk, Tongs, Flexible Spatula, Bench Scraper, Pastry Brush, Large Offset Spatula, and Small Offset Spatula. If you don’t have these items, don’t worry! These items are available in a pre-packaged toolkit for sale in our online store: store.walnuthillcollege.edu/equipment
This course is held in the kitchens of the historical Allison Mansion at 4207 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Guests are welcome to use our FREE gated parking lot directly off of Walnut Street between 42nd and 43rd Streets. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Please enter the main entrance to be directed to your course by a College representative.