This intensive one-day crash course is designed to teach the beginner chef basic Culinary Arts techniques. Walk away with knowledge to expand your home cooking repertoire - from knife skills to soups and stocks! Our detailed 6-week course offering of Introduction to Culinary Arts is the most popular offering in our Community Education program, so we have created this modified one-day version as another option!
Date: Saturday, January 18th, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuition: $225.00 per person
What do I bring to class?
Nothing! Just bring yourself and the enthusiasm to learn something new in the kitchen! The College will provide a recipe book and all of the necessary tools for students to use while they're in class.
What to Expect:
- Classes are typically 2 1/2 hours long (unless otherwise noted)
- Classes are limited to 12, 14, or 16 students per kitchen (depending on curriculum and Chef's preference)
- Participants typically work in teams to execute recipes; however, individual skills will be taught.
- You will be standing and cooking for most of the class.
- We ask that all participants wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as the kitchen floors can be slippery. Any type of heels should not be worn.
- Long pants are also suggested to protect the skin from possible burns.
- Long hair should be tied back and secure.
This course is held in the kitchens of the historical Allison Mansion at 4207 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Guests are welcome to use our FREE gated parking lot directly off of Walnut Street between 42nd and 43rd Streets. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Please enter the main entrance to be directed to your course by a College representative.