Join your Kiddie Cook in the kitchen to spend some quality time together making gourmet chocolate truffles...a super easy, yet endlessly versatile confection! You will roll each delicate ball and finish them with toppings like ganache, chopped nuts, and toasted coconut. Take home a box of this tasty homemade gift for your special someone! Children ages 6-10 years are welcome to attend with a guardian; we regret that we cannot enroll unattended minors. Each registration is for one adult and one child.
Date: Saturday, February 15th, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Tuition: $150.00 for one adult and one child
What to Expect:
- Classes are typically 2 1/2 hours long (unless otherwise noted)
- Classes are limited to 12, 14, or 16 students per kitchen (depending on curriculum and Chef's preference)
- Participants typically work in teams to execute recipes; however, individual skills will be taught.
- You will be standing and cooking for most of the class.
- We ask that all participants wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as the kitchen floors can be slippery. Any type of heels should not be worn.
- Long pants are also suggested to protect the skin from possible burns.
- Long hair should be tied back and secure.
What do I bring to class?
Nothing! Just bring yourself and the enthusiasm to learn something new in the kitchen! The College will provide all of the necessary tools for students to use while they're in class.
This course is held in the kitchens of the historical Allison Mansion at 4207 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Guests are welcome to use our FREE gated parking lot directly off of Walnut Street between 42nd and 43rd Streets. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Please enter the main entrance to be directed to your course by a College representative.