This workshop covers everything you need to know to create a spectacular, professional-looking cake for celebrations like graduations, weddings, and more! We'll provide the cake--you just need to bring the creativity! This class teaches beginners how to cut and fill cake layers, create the perfect crumb coat, and properly pipe buttercream borders and roses.
Saturday, February 16th, 2019 1:00pm-4:00pm
Friday, April 12th, 2019 7:00pm - 9:30pm <--NEW DATE
Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 7:00pm-9:30pm
Tuition: $85.00 per person
What to Expect:
- Classes are typically 2 1/2 hours long (unless otherwise noted)
- Classes are limited to 12, 14, or 16 students per kitchen (depending on curriculum and Chef's preference)
- Participants typically work in teams to execute recipes; however, individual skills will be taught.
- You will be standing and cooking for most of the class.
- We ask that all participants wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as the kitchen floors can be slippery. Any type of heels should not be worn.
- Long pants are also suggested to protect the skin from possible burns.
- Long hair should be tied back and secure.
What do I bring to class?
Nothing! Just bring yourself and the enthusiasm to learn something new in the kitchen! The College will provide all of the necessary tools for students to use while they're in class.
This course is held in the kitchens of the historical Allison Mansion at 4207 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Guests are welcome to use our FREE gated parking lot directly off of Walnut Street between 42nd and 43rd Streets. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Please enter the main entrance to be directed to your course by a College representative.