This French almond-based confection dating back to the 16th century is still a favorite made in today's kitchens. In this one-night workshop, we will walk you through the steps to create these delicate circular biscuits, while you use your creativity with food coloring, chocolate, and other flavorings to make each macaron unique and beautiful.
SPRING 2019: Thursday, June 6th, 2019
FALL 2019: Wednesday, October 16th, 2019
Thursday, December 19th, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Tuition: $75.00 per person
What to Expect:
- Classes are typically 2 1/2 hours long (unless otherwise noted)
- Classes are limited to 12, 14, or 16 students per kitchen (depending on curriculum and Chef's preference)
- Participants typically work in teams to execute recipes; however, individual skills will be taught.
- You will be standing and cooking for most of the class.
- We ask that all participants wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as the kitchen floors can be slippery. Any type of heels should not be worn.
- Long pants are also suggested to protect the skin from possible burns.
- Long hair should be tied back and secure.
What do I bring to class?
Nothing! Just bring yourself and the enthusiasm to learn something new in the kitchen! The College will provide all of the necessary tools for students to use while they're in class.
This course is held in the kitchens of the historical Allison Mansion at 4207 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Guests are welcome to use our FREE gated parking lot directly off of Walnut Street between 42nd and 43rd Streets. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Please enter the main entrance to be directed to your course by a College representative.