Let Walnut Hill College do the heavy lifting so your family can relax and enjoy the fun part: decorating! Each family will be presented with one large, pre-baked gingerbread house per family of four, plus the icing, edible decorations, and chef assistance you'll need to create your masterpiece. Following the workshop, your house will be delicately wrapped and sent home with you to display and enjoy during the holiday season!
Light refreshments will be provided during your decorating session.
Dates: Saturday, December 21st 2019
Time: 2-Sessions: 11:00am - 12:30pm OR 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Tuition: $95.00 *Tuition price covers admission for a family of 4.
*We regret that we cannot enroll unattended minors.
What to Expect:
- Classes are typically 2 1/2 hours long (unless otherwise noted)
- Classes are limited to 20 students per kitchen
- Participants typically work in teams to execute recipes; however, individual skills will be taught.
- You will be standing and cooking for most of the class.
- We ask that all participants wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as the kitchen floors can be slippery. Any type of heels should not be worn.
- Long pants are also suggested to protect the skin from possible burns.
- Long hair should be tied back and secure.
What do I bring to class?
Nothing! Just bring yourself and the enthusiasm to learn something new in the kitchen! The College will provide all of the necessary tools for students to use while they're in class.
This course is held in the kitchens of the historical Allison Mansion at 4207 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Guests are welcome to use our FREE gated parking lot directly off of Walnut Street between 42nd and 43rd Streets. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Please enter the main entrance to be directed to your course by a College representative.