Celebrate apple season at Walnut Hill College with hours full of harvest fun. This hands-on pastry class welcomes your Young Chefs into the kitchen to create delicious recipes like Jewish Apple Cake and Apple Cider Donuts and even dip their own caramel apples to take home!
Date: Saturday, September 28th, 2019
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Tuition: $75.00 for one child age 11-14 years; *We regret that we cannot allow unattended children under age 11 for this series.
What to Expect:
- Our Young Chefs Series is intended for children between the ages of 11-14 years to attend without a guardian
- Classes are typically 2 1/2 hours long (unless otherwise noted)
- Classes are limited to 12 students per kitchen (depending on curriculum and Chef's preference)
- Participants typically work in teams to execute recipes; however, individual skills will be taught.
- You will be standing and cooking for most of the class.
- We ask that all participants wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as the kitchen floors can be slippery. Any type of heels should not be worn.
- Long pants are also suggested to protect the skin from possible burns.
- Long hair should be tied back and secure.
What do I bring to class?
Nothing! Just bring yourself and the enthusiasm to learn something new in the kitchen! The College will provide all of the necessary tools for students to use while they're in class.
This course is held in the kitchens of the historical Allison Mansion at 4207 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Guests are welcome to use our FREE gated parking lot directly off of Walnut Street between 42nd and 43rd Streets. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Please enter the main entrance to be directed to your course by a College representative.